Other selected references
Prague Conservatory, construction of a concert hall in the courtyard wing, stage 0002 – classrooms and concert hall for the Capital City of Prague
New OWI technological centre building in Přerov for Olympus Medical Products Czech s.r.o.
Reconstruction of the headquarters of the University of Defence in Brno
New retirement home in Vazany in Kromeriz
TBU Technology Park and Technology Transfer Centre
Back to the references homepage
The extension and reconstruction of the Catholic grammar school Třebíč
In the last two years, we have devoted our efforts to the project of extension and reconstruction of a cultural monument in Třebíč. In the northeastern part of the town, on the premises of the former Capuchin monastery, there is the seat of the Catholic grammar school, which was not in an entirely satisfactory condition, and we were entrusted with the work of rebuilding the historical premises for the needs of students and modern teaching.
The history of the Capuchin monastery in Třebíč dates back to 1684. In 1950, the Capuchin convent was abolished, and the area was returned to the church in 1991. The Convent had not been reconstructed, and the Catholic grammar school moved into the premises.
The three wings of the two-floor building enclose a cloister garden in the middle. The fourth side is then delimited by a cloister that adjoins the side of the Church of the Transfiguration. The overall long-term intention is to restore the Baroque quadrature of the former Capuchin monastery and to clean up the premises from inappropriate interventions carried out in the past. Prospectively, the main entrance should be moved, the integrity of the original cloister and its connection with the church should be restored. The establishment of the school chapel is also planned.
In this phase of the project, the modern wing was rebuilt, which with its proportions, the shape of the roof and the necessary materials relate to the southwest wing of the existing quadrature of the monastery. Specifically, we built a cellarage of a part of the converted wing, where the utility facilities were moved. Specialized classrooms and laboratories are located on the first and second floors. Four classrooms, two language laboratories, and one experimental classroom were newly established in the attic. We also built a lift for wheelchair users and wheelchair accessible toilets in the Seraphim wing. We lined the house body carcass with ceramic thermal insulation masonry and plastered it with two-layer lime plaster. For the gabled roof, we used light gray cement and concrete templates for the gabled roof. The partition system in the modern wing is made of acoustic ceramic bricks.
The outdoor areas in the vicinity of the grammar school were also redesigned so that the gardens and paths be integrated in the future and naturally connected to the spirit of the Capuchin buildings.
Completed in the year 2019
Significant structuresReconstructions, extensionsSchool buildingsHistorical buildings